Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A thank you, a teenager & some vintage dolls

Thank you to everyone who popped by and offered your wonderful words of encouragement and support. I can't tell you enough how much your kindness means to me. My mom goes for her second CAT today. I will update once results are in. Thinking positive thoughts.

And on a positive, celebratorial note, my oldest, Matthew, became a teenager today. I can't believe it. 13. Thirteen. Thir-teen. Emphasis on the teen. I am still in desperate search of the Nintendo Wii he is coveting. He didn't ultimately make up his mind on the Wii vs. the Playstation 3 until this past Friday evening, so seeing that I couldn't afford both (we're talking $800 + for just the basic game systems), I was laying in wait for him to decide, so I could go out and buy one. Little did I know that the Wii would still be sold out everywhere known to mankind. I knew this had been the case initially, but hadn't kept up with the fact that they still cannot produce enough of this item. Really. I am baffled. How does this happen in today's day & age? Aren't you a bit curious that this isn't some economic/marketing ploy tampering with the whole supply/demand concept? Suspect, at the very least. So my brilliant idea of just popping into a store and paying retail, is clearly not going to happen. Now my poor child will be getting a raincheck while I wait & try to win a not obscenely priced one via ebay. Wish me luck!
His "safety gift" was a portable adjustable polycarbonate basketball goal system that will run me at least $300 & up (probably closer to $400 +), so it's a bit hard to have that for him in the meantime as a "tide me over" 'til the big gift arrives.
Wow. Kids get crazy expensive, don't they?

And last, just for fun here are some show & tell treats---
I haven't shown you many of my dolls yet, so I hope you enjoy taking a peek at my ever growing collection. The more beaten and battered, the more they tug at my heartstrings. I don't like to fix them up. I just love them as is.
p.s. Apparently they all decided to hit the sauce just before our photo session. I mean come on. Some of them are actually passed out! The least they could of done was to invite me to their little soiree. Ingrates!







4 comments:

Susan said...

Still keeping the good thoughts going for your mom!

Congratulations on being the mother of a teenager. I have less than 3 months to go.

Those dolls are so funny. What has that nun been up to?

mod*mom said...

thank you! thank you so much p&l!!!!
there is a california virtual school + i signed her up! thank you!!!!!

happy birthday to your teenager + i'm wishing health for you mother...

great dolls! what treasures :)

Rosa said...

Hi Karen,
Happy 13th birthday to your son! May his teenage years be easy ones!!
I love the apron on your banner, very pretty!
You have a great doll collection, that Kewpie doll is adorable!
Have a great day,
Rosa

Margerie said...

Hoping your mom's scan goes well today and that it reads b9 all the way. I call the test trauma "scanxiety" because it really sucks!

Those dolls are too funny. What a motley crew you have there. And good luck with your teen. I have a ways to go, but I am sure it will be here in no time.