Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Falling Behind.....

Just a commentary on how life gets the better of you at times, despite all best intentions. But, rather than feel guilty, I think it is a reason to rejoice, then recollect when the time is right (or shall I say write?) :-). I mean who can really complain that life is a blur?
Actually, I often do. But I don't really know why. Other than I guess I am enjoying life so much, I just want more of it. When we are all hustle-bustle, non-stop raising kids, pursuing our dreams, making a difference, creating happiness for ourselves and others or just kicking back and taking it all in, it is all time well spent. And when the calm finally does roll around, (and it does eventually), you can stop, smell the roses and put it all on paper (or in our case, screen). Getting so caught up and ensnared in life almost helps make blogging easier, as once a few days (weeks or months even) have passed, I already have those stand-out memories and know what I want to keep with me forever about each day. Blogging is such a wonderful way to chronicle time. Even the itsy-bitsy things you might not think important in the grand scheme of things. The tiny things can be the most important, being so truly telling with all the insightful glimpses, becoming miniature genre portraits. So, either way, the function of blogging remains the same for me, a way to see what really made me tick and beam and marvel at the different stations in my life, creating small highlights that filled the gaps between the milestones. And sometimes when those milestones get in the way, you don't have to feel guilty. Just scoot over and make room for them too. And as soon as your own personal calm strikes again, take time to reflect and catch up. It's all life's way.
P.S. Also please note that my "crime" of not blogging daily isn't even listed on the guilty man (shown above which is actually a poster entitled "Guilt" by Scorsone/Drueding and can be purchased here), so it looks like I'm off the hook! Hurray!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Howdy partner! (hehehe) Very well said indeed! Wonderful reflection.

Susan said...

Yes, well said, Karen. If you spent all your time blogging, you'd miss out on your life--and then what would you have to blog about?

Genevieve said...

My life is a blur! hehe! I just realized that you are the host of the Mother Goose swap that I saw on Swap-dex . Now that I know it is yours I will have to sign up! Have a great week!