Sunday, January 13, 2008

Saturday is the day I look forward to most, all week.
My darling househerr is home, which means life is a bit easier.
With two pairs of able hands, 4 spry getaway sticks and two sets of watchful eyes, home terrorization is easily reduced by half.
In fact, I can actually get some things done.
Plus, he lets me sleep in (til 8), but still.
And to my husband's defense, it's the kids who wake me up by being their boisterous little selves, not him. He would tiptoe around the house letting me rise whenever I pleased, if he could.

But, it's not just the fact that he's helpful that makes this my favorite part of the week, it's his wonderful company I crave as well. No one makes me laugh harder, or more frequently. No one understands me as well. No one knows all my flaws like he does, and still embraces my imperfect self. No one likes to do most all the things I like to do just as much (or sometimes more) than I.

In the spirit of Valentine's Day, I thought it appropo to take time to really think about and appreciate those we love. I often get caught up in the shuffle and take my relationships for granted, despite my best efforts not to. It just happens.
It's nice to have sweet occasions as gentle reminders to dote on all those you love.

And in the spirit of Valentine's Day, here are some fun postcards from my vintage collection-



2 comments:

misschris said...

What a wonderful idea. He sounds wonderful, and very, very loved! Enjoying your blog very much. Thanks for sharing. I count myself blessed, too, but rarely take the time to put it into real words!

Stampindamour said...

HeLLo!! I found your Blog thru another Blog ! Love it! I'll be stoppin' by again to check out your updates! (i haven't updated mine - a "must-do" on my list.) :0)

-pamela