Monday, January 14, 2008

In a Funk.....


Today was a tough day. Lots of unexpected events happened that were rather dreary.
It's interesting how life unfurls itself sometimes. I am a strong believer in fate and while I can tend to be a pessimist, I have a rare skill for optimism in the face of uncertainty or adversity. I am not sure where I draw my strength from when the going gets tough. Maybe it's because I always operate in semi-stress mode, so I am better able to cope as I am somehow acclimated. I am sorry to not go into detail, but it's best I leave it at this for now. If anyone is out there, I thank you for listening.
Oh and by the way, the wonderful painting entitled "Sadness" is by artist Tammy Williams, who is currently serving a ten year prison term for bank robbery. I found her work and some other amazing art by chance on the prisonfoundations.org site while doing a google image search. The Prisons Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization based in Washington, DC that promotes the arts and education in prison and alternatives to incarceration.



No comments: