Friday, March 21, 2008

Spring Flowers

The official arrival of spring is cause for celebration, right?
And it really feels like spring lately, which is wonderful!
We in Florida do tend to cheat a bit, often enjoying spring-like weather in other seasons while people in other locales look out the window and see this:

Yikes!!

We on the other hand look just outside and see things like this :
(blooming "wild onions", pulled out of yards and discarded by the handfuls by many gardeners....but why?)



Or this :
(lovely leggy, skirted loropetalum bursting at the seams to shout out spring)



Or this : (tiny hidden clover flower)

Oh, how I love the wisteria hanging over the fence near my little office niche window. The scent is heavenly (it is made more so by being intertwined with wild, sweet honeysuckle). If only it would bloom year round.
And while I eternally pledge my undying love for wisteria, my favorite photo this post, is this little guy. I wouldn't normally be as taken by a single, mostly white flower, but when you take into consideration this beautiful bloom came from a blackberry bramble that is considered by many to be a nuisance, I think it speaks volumes.


I swear, I honestly am not trying to rub it in to those of you not seeing blooms just yet. Please know we are at times quite jealous of a snow. We will never know the delight of waking up to a white Christmas. My kids must build snowmen with beach sand. And we can't throw the "snowballs" we make, or else risk blinding ourselves, then only to spend days, upon days, to get the sand out of our hair.

So, as they say, the grass is always greener (and sometimes it's browner)--- :-)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty flowers! Wish it were spring where I live. We still have snow believe it or not!